Braille’s Room is designated for visually impaired Library users. The room has a text recognition and reading device SARA CE, a computer with 40 square electronic Braille device supplied with integrated keyboard Esys 40 and a Braille printer Braille Ebosser Everest-D V4 with an acoustic booth and a scanner. The computer is supplied with the following software:
- a screen magnifier SuperNova Magnifier
- a digital talking book player EasyReader
- software for file conversion EasyConverter
- a converter into Braille
- screen reading programmes JAWS 18 and NVDA (Non Visual Desktop Access)
- speech corpus Liepa
- a text-to-MP3 converter Balabolka
- Microsoft Office 2003 Compatibility Pack
- WintalkerVoice v. 1.6 (a Lithuanian language synthesiser that transmits the information on the computer screen to the user by sound)
- Zyfuse tactile device (an innovative heater which is used to produce tactile diagrams on a paper).
Booking this workspace is free of charge for all members of VU Library.
Block B, 4 floor, Life Sciences Reading Room. SCIC, Saulėtekio Ave. 5, Vilnius.